The 8th International Conference Mechanics and Materials in Design was the 2019 edition of the traditional conference that facilitates the application of two basic engineering disciplines, mechanics and materials, for the purposes of advanced design in mechanical engineering.
Held at University of Bologna on 4-6 September 2019, the conference was profoundly supported by participation of the A_MADAM team members:
- Prof. Dario Croccolo, Work-package Leader of the WP-4 ANALYZE, who was Conference Co-Chair
- Prof. Zlatan Soskic, Work-package Leader of the WP-5 DISSEMINATE, and Prof. Giorgio Olmi, Member of the Project Board, who were chairmen of the sections “Additive manufacturing materials” and the keynote lecture session dedicated to contemporary developments in motorbike industry.
Besides, in the conference were presented three papers that resulted from the A_MADAM project research:
- “Application of artificial neural networks for estimation of the mass of the waste powder during selective laser sintering” by Zlatan Šoškić, Jelena Tomić, Nenad Drvar, Michele Monti, Marco Cardu
- “Air flow resistance of polyamide 12 made by selective laser sintering” by Nebojša Bogojević, Nusret Muharemović, Branko Radičević, Aleksandar Vranić, Snežana Ćirić-Kostić
- “Investigation of mixed mode I and II fracture mechanical behaviour of SLS printed IASCB specimens by digital image correlation” by Ivo Campione, Tommaso Maria Brugo, Giangiacomo Minak, Josip Kos, Jelena Janković Tomić and Snežana Ćirić-Kostić